Common areas are the responsibility of the Association. Residents shall not
add to or remove from or alter common area landscape in any way. This includes:
- No pruning of common area plants or trees.
- No planting of anything in the common area.
- No pots, planters, vases, or similar items.
- No personal property (i.e., hose reels/hoses).
- No architectural violations (i.e., no signs).
Restricted common areas (patios/balconies)
- Excessive overgrowth is not allowed.
- Planting shall not obscure house numbers.
- Vines (i.e., Ivy or Ficus) and shrubs shall not be allowed to grow on
walls or through or over fences.
- No trellises may be used above the fence line.
- Any plants, including plastic plants, visible to the common area, must be
well cared for and kept in good condition.
- Trees must be kept to manageable height and width and must not cause
damage to fences or crowd common area trees or clog gutters.
- Trees must be kept no less than three feet from a building.
- Growth in lower unit patios must be kept below upper unit window
- Decorative items, potted plants or planters are not permitted on the patio fence caps or the
balcony railing caps.
- Acceptable seasonal decorations (i.e., Christmas lights) must be removed
within two weeks of the applicable holiday.
- Owners are responsible for managing the landscaping within restricted
common areas. This includes removal of all weeds and dead plant material, as
well as keeping all shrubbery trimmed.
- Patio and balcony areas must be kept neat and clear of boxes, bags, or other items not considered appropriate for those areas.
- Decorative and/or string patio lights are permitted as long as they cannot be seen from the common area.